thumbnail

Estimated use of water in Nebraska, 1985

Nebraska water survey paper 64

By:

Links

Abstract

The estimated volume of 19,187,200 acre-feet of water used in Nebraska during 1985 is an average of 17,116.15 million gallons per day. Surface water supplied 12,925,040 acre-feet or 67.4 percent of the total volume used. The remaining 6,262,160 acre-feet or 32.6 percent was pumped from the groundwater reservoir. Power production was the greatest use of water of any category, with 10,415,200 acre-feet or 54.3 percent of the total use during 1985. Excluding power production, estimated total water use in Nebraska in 1985 was 7,825.16 million gallots per day, or 8,772,000 acre-feet. Excluding power production, groundwater accounted for 71 percent-or 5,561.51 million gallons per day (6,234,450 acre-feet)-of this total water use in the state in 1985, and surface water accounted for 28.9 percent, or 2,363.65 million gallons per day (2,537,550 acre-feet). Estimated irrigation water use of 8,144,170 acre-feet during 1985 was 42.4 percent of the total water use in the state; excluding power production, it was 92.8 percent of total water use.

Geospatial Extents

Additional Publication Details

Publication type:
Report
Publication Subtype:
State/Local Government Series
Title:
Estimated use of water in Nebraska, 1985
Series title:
Nebraska water survey paper
Series number:
64
Year Published:
1988
Language:
English
Publisher:
Conservation and Survey Division, Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Publisher location:
Lincoln, NE
Description:
vii, 125 p.
Number of Pages:
134
Country:
United States
State:
Nebraska
Additional Online Files(Y/N):
N