Estimated use of water in the United States in 1995
- Wayne B. Solley, Robert R. Pierce, Howard A. Perlman
The purpose of this report is to present consistent and current water-use estimates by state and water-resources region for the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the District of Columbia. Estimates of water withdrawn from surface- and ground-water sources, estimates of consumptive use, and estimates of instream use and wastewater releases during 1995 are presented in this report. This report discusses eight categories of offstream water use--public supply, domestic, commercial, irrigation, livestock, industrial, mining, and thermoelectric power--and one category of instream use: hydroelectric power.
Additional Publication Details
- Publication type:
- Publication Subtype:
- USGS Numbered Series
- Estimated use of water in the United States in 1995
- Series title:
- Series number:
- 060790075X (alk. paper)
- Year Published:
- U.S. Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey ; Branch of Information Services [distributor],
- ix, 71 p. :ill., maps ;28 cm.
- Online Only (Y/N):
- Additional Online Files(Y/N):