Digital version of "Open-File Report 92-179: Geologic map of the Cow Cove Quadrangle, San Bernardino County, California"
Open-File Report 2002-274
- Howard G. Wilshire, David R. Bedford, and Teresa Coleman
This is a digital map database version of a previous printed geologic map, U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 92–179. The original paper map has been faithfully reproduced as a geologic map database for use in a GIS, and thus does not contain updated geologic information for the map area. This publication consists of three parts:
1. Documentation in the form of a this publication's Open File text, or readme, describing the digital data, how to obtain it, as well as the original map explanation pamphlet. The documentation also consists of FGDC metadata, and a file describing any revisions to the data in this report. All of the documentaion components are available in a variety of file formats.
2. Three Arc/Info (ESRI) formatted coverages of the geologic database, distributed in Arc Interchange (e00) format. The spatial databases in this component of the report consist vector-based GIS datasets that represent geologic contacts, faults, map units, and volcanic vents in the study area, as well as localities of K/Ar samples discussed in the original report, and geologic structure measurements.
3. Plottable map representations of the database at 1:24,000 scale in PostScript and Adobe PDF formats. The plottable files consist of a color geologic map derived from the spatial database, composited with a topographic base map in the form of the USGS Digital Raster Graphic for the map area. Color symbology from each of these datasets is maintained, which can cause plot file sizes to be large.
Additional Publication Details
- Publication type:
- Publication Subtype:
- USGS Numbered Series
- Digital version of "Open-File Report 92-179: Geologic map of the Cow Cove Quadrangle, San Bernardino County, California"
- Series title:
- Open-File Report
- Series number:
- Year Published:
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Contributing office(s):
- Geology, Minerals, Energy and Geophysics Science Center
- Report: PDF, 27 p.; Report: TXT; Report: EPS; Map: 22.0 x 32.0 inches; Map: PostScript file; 3 Metadata files; 4 Data files
- United States
- San Bernardino County
- 1927 North American Datum
- Universal Transverse Mercator
- Additional Online Files(Y/N):