Preliminary geologic map of the Perris 7.5' quadrangle, Riverside County, California
Open-File Report 2003-270
Prepared in cooperation with the California Geological Survey
- Douglas M. Morton, Kelly R. Digital preparation by Bovard, Rachel M. Alvarez
Open-File Report 03-270 contains a digital geologic map database of the Perris 7.5’ quadrangle, Riverside County, California that includes:
1. ARC/INFO (Environmental Systems Research Institute, http://www.esri.com) version 7.2.1 coverages of the various elements of the geologic map.
2. A Postscript file to plot the geologic map on a topographic base, and containing a Correlation of Map Units diagram (CMU), a Description of Map Units (DMU), and an index map.
3. Portable Document Format (.pdf) files of:
a. A Readme file
b. The same graphic as described in 2 above. Test plots have not produced precise 1:24,000- scale map sheets. Adobe Acrobat page size setting influences map scale.
The Correlation of Map Units and Description of Map Units is in the editorial format of USGS Geologic Investigations Series (I-series) maps but has not been edited to comply with I-map standards. Within the geologic map data package, map units are identified by standard geologic map criteria such as formationname, age, and lithology. Where known, grain size is indicated on the map by a subscripted letter or letters following the unit symbols as follows: lg, large boulders; b, boulder; g, gravel; a, arenaceous; s, silt; c, clay; e.g. Qyfa is a predominantly young alluvial fan deposit that is arenaceous. Multiple letters are used for more specific identification or for mixed units, e.g., Qfysa is a silty sand. In some cases, mixed units are indicated by a compound symbol; e.g., Qyf2sc.
Additional Publication Details
- Publication type:
- Publication Subtype:
- USGS Numbered Series
- Preliminary geologic map of the Perris 7.5' quadrangle, Riverside County, California
- Series title:
- Open-File Report
- Series number:
- Year Published:
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Contributing office(s):
- Geology, Minerals, Energy and Geophysics Science Center
- Map: 48.0 x 36.0 inches; Readme: PDF; Readme: TXT; Metadata; Database; Map: PostScript file; Symbols
- United States
- Riverside County
- Polyconic projection
- Additional Online Files(Y/N):