Progress report upon geographical and geological explorations and surveys west of the one hundredth meridian, in 1872, under the direction of Brigadier General A.A. Humphreys, Chief of Engineers, United States Army
- George Montague Wheeler
It is proposed to present in this progress report-
1st. A short chapter devoted to the analyzation of the results under their separate and systematic heads.
2d. A chapter upon the special subjects of mining, agriculture, irrigation, routes of communication, Indians, &c., to conclude with a project for the surveys contemplated for the ensuing season; the whole to be accompanied by appendixes, containing reports of certain officers and civilian assistants, and a, map upon which are delineated the areas of territory west of the one hundredth meridian yet unsurveyed instrumentally, and the relation to them of lines and areas traversed and mapped by exploration and survey parties under the auspices of the War Department, so far as the exhibit can be prepared at the office of the survey.
Additional publication details
- Publication type:
- Publication Subtype:
- Federal Government Series
- Progress report upon geographical and geological explorations and surveys west of the one hundredth meridian, in 1872, under the direction of Brigadier General A.A. Humphreys, Chief of Engineers, United States Army
- U.S. Geographical Surveys West of the One Hundredth Meridian
- Year Published:
- U.S. Government Printing Office
- Publisher location:
- Washington, D.C.
- 56 p.
- United States
- Online Only (Y/N):
- Additional Online Files (Y/N):