- More information: Publisher Index Page (via DOI)
- Document: Index Page
- Related Works:
- Download citation as: RIS | Dublin Core
The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Minerals Yearbook discusses the performance of the worldwide minerals and materials industries and provides background information to assist in interpreting that performance. Content of the individual Minerals Yearbook volumes follows:
- Volume I, Metals and Minerals, contains chapters about virtually all metallic and industrial mineral commodities important to the U.S. economy. Chapters on survey methods, summary statistics for domestic nonfuel minerals, and trends in mining and quarrying in the metals and industrial mineral industries in the United States are also included.
- Volume II, Area Reports: Domestic, contains a chapter on the mineral industry of each of the 50 States and Puerto Rico and the Administered Islands. This volume also has chapters on survey methods and summary statistics of domestic nonfuel minerals.
- Volume III, Area Reports: International, is published as four separate reports. These regional reports contain the latest available minerals data on more than 180 foreign countries and discuss the importance of minerals to the economies of these nations and the United States. Each report begins with an overview of the region’s mineral industries during the year. It continues with individual country chapters that examine the mining, refining, processing, and use of minerals in each country of the region and how each country’s mineral industry relates to U.S. industry. Most chapters include production tables and industry structure tables, information about Government policies and programs that affect the country’s mineral industry, and an outlook section.
The USGS continually strives to improve the value of its publications to users. Constructive comments and suggestions by readers of the Minerals Yearbook are welcomed.
[Author], [Year of publication], [Title of chapter], in Area reports—International—[Region]: U.S. Geological Survey Minerals Yearbook [Year], v. III, p. X.1–X.X, https://doi.org/10.3133/XXXXXXX.
To cite the entire volume III:
U.S. Geological Survey, [Year of publication], Area reports—International: U.S. Geological Survey Minerals Yearbook [Year], v. III, 4 books, separately paged, https://doi.org/10.3133/mybvIII.
Additional publication details
|Publication Subtype||USGS Unnumbered Series|
|Title||Minerals Yearbook, volume III, Area Reports—International|
|Series title||Minerals Yearbook|
|Publisher||U.S. Geological Survey|
|Publisher location||Reston, VA|
|Contributing office(s)||National Minerals Information Center|
|Description||HTML Page includes links to individual PDF documents and spreadsheets|
|Public Comments||Advance releases of individual chapters of the Minerals Yearbook are posted online throughout the publication year indicated. They are replaced by final versions of the chapters after the entire volume is printed.
The entire printed volume is for sale by the Superintendent of Documents,
U.S. Government Publishing Office; Internet: bookstore.gpo.gov
Phone: toll free (866) 512–1800; DC area (202) 512–1800
Fax: (202) 512–2104
Mail: Stop IDCC; Washington, DC 20402–0001
|Online Only (Y/N)||N|
|Additional Online Files (Y/N)||Y|