- Document: Document (pdf)
- Creation of a full color geologic map by computer: A case history from the Port Moller project resource assessment, Alaska Peninsula: A section in Geologic studies in Alaska by the U.S. Geological Survey, 1988
- Geologic setting, petrology, and age of Pliocene to Holocene volcanoes of the Stepovak Bay area, western Alaska Peninsula: A section in Geologic studies in Alaska by the U.S. Geological Survey, 1988
- Paper version: In stock and available from the USGS Store
- Open Access Version: External Repository
- Download citation as: RIS | Dublin Core
This volume continues the annual series of U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) reports on geologic investigations in Alaska. Since 1975, when the first of these collections of short papers appeared under the title "The United States Geological Survey in Alaska: Accomplishments during 1975," the series has been published as USGS circulars. This bulletin departs from the circular style, in part to provide a more flexible format for longer reports with more depth of content, better documentation, and broader scope than is possible for circular articles.
The 13 papers in this bulletin represent a sampling of research activities carried out in Alaska by the USGS over the past few years. The topics addressed range from mineral resource studies (including natural gas) and geochemistry, Quaternary geology, basic stratigraphic and structural problems, and the use of computer graphics in geologic map preparation, to the application of geochronology to regional tectonic problems. Geographic areas represented are numbered on figure 1 and include the North Slope (1) and Brooks Range (2, 3) of Arctic Alaska, Seward Peninsula (4), interior Alaska (5-9), and remote locations of the Alaska Peninsula (10, 11) and southeast Alaska (12, 13).
Two bibliographies following the reports of investigations list (1) reports about Alaska in USGS publications released in 1988 and (2) reports about Alaska by USGS authors in publications outside the USGS in 1988. A bibliography and index of the short papers in past USGS circulars devoted to Geological Research and Accomplishments in Alaska (1975-1986) is published as USGS Open-File Report 87-420.
Additional publication details
|Publication Subtype||USGS Numbered Series|
|Title||Geologic studies in Alaska by the U.S. Geological Survey, 1988|
|Publisher||US. Government Printing Office|
|Publisher location||Washington, D.C.|
|Contributing office(s)||Alaska Science Center|
|Description||vi, 134 p.|