- Document: Report (2.5 MB)
- Appendix 1 (156 KB xlsx) Water-level measurements for the Walker River Basin study, water years 2010–14.
- Appendix 2 (20 KB xlsx) Surface-water discharge measurements for the Walker River Basin study, water years 2011–13.
- Appendix 3 (56 KB xlsx) Groundwater-chemistry data for the Walker River Basin study, water years 2010–12.
- Appendix 4 (40 KB xlsx) Stream water-chemistry data for the Walker River Basin study, water years 2011–13.
- Appendix 5 (19 KB xlsx) Spring water-chemistry data for the Walker River Basin study, water years 2010–13.
- Appendix 6 (3.3 MB xlsx) Lake water-chemistry and meteorological data from sites located on Walker Lake, water years 2011–14.
- Open Access Version: Publisher Index Page
- Download citation as: RIS | Dublin Core
Walker Lake is a threatened and federally protected desert terminal lake in western Nevada. To help protect the desert terminal lake and the surrounding watershed, the Bureau of Reclamation and U.S. Geological Survey have been studying the hydrology of the Walker River Basin in Nevada and California since 2004. Hydrologic data collected for this study during water years 2010 through 2014 included groundwater levels, surface-water discharge, water chemistry, and meteorological data. Groundwater levels were measured in wells, and surface-water discharge was measured in streams, canals, and ditches. Water samples for chemical analyses were collected from wells, streams, springs, and Walker Lake. Chemical analyses included determining physical properties; the concentrations of major ions, nutrients, trace metals, dissolved gases, and radionuclides; and ratios of the stable isotopes of hydrogen and oxygen. Walker Lake water properties and meteorological parameters were monitored from a floating platform on the lake. Data collection methods followed established U.S. Geological Survey guidelines, and all data are stored in the National Water Information System database. All of the data are presented in this report and accessible on the internet, except multiple-depth Walker Lake water-chemistry data, which are available only in this report.
Pavelko, Michael T., and Orozco, Erin L., 2015, Hydrologic data for the Walker River Basin, Nevada and California, water years 2010–14: U.S. Geological Survey Data Series 967, 17 p., plus appendixes, http://dx.doi.org/10.3133/ds967.
ISSN: 2327-638X (online)
Table of Contents
- Hydrologic Data
- References Cited
Additional publication details
|Publication Subtype||USGS Numbered Series|
|Title||Hydrologic data for the Walker River Basin, Nevada and California, water years 2010–14|
|Series title||Data Series|
|Publisher||U.S. Geological Survey|
|Publisher location||Reston, VA|
|Contributing office(s)||Nevada Water Science Center|
|Description||Report: iv, 17 p.; 6 Appendixes|
|Time Range Start||2009-10-01|
|Time Range End||2014-09-30|
|Other Geospatial||Walker River Basin|
|Online Only (Y/N)||Y|
|Additional Online Files (Y/N)||Y|
|Google Analytic Metrics||Metrics page|