Geologic map of the San Bernardino North 7.5' quadrangle, San Bernardino County, California
Open-File Report 2001-131
- F.K. Miller and J.C. Matti
Open-File Report OF 01-131 contains a digital geologic map database of the San Bernardino North 7.5’ quadrangle, San Bernardino County, California that includes:
1. ARC/INFO (Environmental Systems Research Institute) version 7.2.1 coverages of the various components of the geologic map
2. A PostScript file to plot the geologic map on a topographic base, and containing a Correlation of Map Units (CMU) diagram, a Description of Map Units (DMU), an index map, and a regional structure map.
3. Portable Document Format (.pdf) files of:
a. This Readme; includes an Appendix, containing data found in sbnorth_met.txt .
b. The Description of Map Units identical to that found on the plot of the PostScript file.
c. The same graphic as plotted in 2 above. (Test plots from this .pdf do not produce 1:24,000-scale maps. Use Adobe Acrobat pagesize setting to control map scale.)
The Correlation of Map Units and Description of Map Units is in the editorial format of USGS Miscellaneous Investigations Series (I-series) maps. Within the geologic map data package, map units are identified by standard geologic map criteria such as formation-name, age, and lithology. Even though this is an author-prepared report, every attempt has been made to closely adhere to the stratigraphic nomenclature of the U. S. Geological Survey. Descriptions of units can be obtained by viewing or plotting the .pdf file (3b above) or plotting the postscript file (2 above). If roads in some areas, especially forest roads that parallel topographic contours, do not show well on plots of the geologic map, we recommend use of the USGS San Bernardino North 7.5’ topographic quadrangle in conjunction with the geologic map.
Additional publication details
- Publication type:
- Publication Subtype:
- USGS Numbered Series
- Geologic map of the San Bernardino North 7.5' quadrangle, San Bernardino County, California
- Series title:
- Open-File Report
- Series number:
- Year Published:
- Contributing office(s):
- Geology, Minerals, Energy and Geophysics Science Center
- 22 p., 1 over-size sheet, scale 1:24,000 (1 inch = 2,000 feet).
- United States
- San Bernardino County