Perennial vegetation data from permanent plots on the Nevada Test Site, Nye County, Nevada
Open-File Report 2003-336
- Robert H. Webb, Marilyn B. Murov, Todd C. Esque, Diane E. Boyer, Lesley A. DeFalco, Dustin F. Haines, Dominic Oldershaw, Sara J. Scoles, Kathryn A. Thomas, Joan B. Blainey, and Philip A. Medica
AbstractPerennial vegetation data from 68 permanent plots on the Nevada Test Site, Nye County, Nevada, are given for the period of 1963 through 2002. Dr. Janice C. Beatley established the plots in 1962 and then remeasured them periodically from 1963 through 1975. We remeasured 67 of these plots between 2000 and 2003; the remaining plot was destroyed at some time between 1975 and 1993. The plots ranged from 935 to 2,274 m in elevation and are representative of common plant associations of the Mojave Desert, the transition to Great Basin Desert, and pinyon-juniper woodlands. The purpose of this report is to describe the complete set of ecological data that Beatley collected from the Nevada Test Site from 1963 through 1975 and to present the data for perennial vegetation collected from 2000 through 2003.
Webb, R.H., Murov, M.B., Esque, T.C., Boyer, D.E., DeFalco, L.A., Haines, D.F., Oldershaw, D., Scoles, S.J., Thomas, K.A., Blainey, J.B., and Medica, P.A. 2003, Perennial vegetation data from permanent plots on the Nevada Test Site, Nye County, Nevada: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2003-336.
ISSN: 2331-1258 (online)
Table of Contents
- The Legacy of Dr. Janice C. Beatley
- Significance of the Beatley Data
Additional publication details
- Publication type:
- Publication Subtype:
- USGS Numbered Series
- Perennial vegetation data from permanent plots on the Nevada Test Site, Nye County, Nevada
- Series title:
- Open-File Report
- Series number:
- Year Published:
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Publisher location:
- Reston, VA
- Contributing office(s):
- Western Ecological Research Center
- ii, 251 p.