- Document: Document (6.36 MB pdf)
- Table: Table 2. Total nitrogen load and yield and selected regression model and flux-bias diagnostics for each water-quality monitoring station, Long Island Sound Basin, water years 2006–13. (22.7 KB xlsx)
- Open Access Version: Publisher Index Page
- Download citation as: RIS | Dublin Core
Total nitrogen loads at 14 water-quality monitoring stations were calculated by using discrete measurements of total nitrogen and continuous streamflow data for the period 2005–13 (water years 2006–13). Total nitrogen loads were calculated by using the LOADEST computer program.
Overall, for water years 2006–13, streamflow in Connecticut was generally above normal. Total nitrogen yields ranged from 1,160 to 23,330 pounds per square mile per year. Total nitrogen loads from the French River at North Grosvenordale and the Still River at Brookfield Center, Connecticut, declined noticeably during the study period. An analysis of the bias in estimated loads indicated unbiased results at all but one station, indicating generally good fit for the LOADEST models.
Mullaney, J.R., 2016, Nitrogen loads from selected rivers in the Long Island Sound Basin, 2005–13, Connecticut and Massachusetts: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2016–1007, 14 p., http://dx.doi.org/10.3133/ofr20161007.
ISSN: 2331-1258 (online)
Table of Contents
- Loads of Total Nitrogen
- References Cited
- Appendix 1. LOADEST Regression Equations Used To Estimate Annual Loads of Total Nitrogen From Selected Rivers in the Long Island Sound Basin, 2005–13, Connecticut and Massachusetts
Additional publication details
|Publication Subtype||USGS Numbered Series|
|Title||Nitrogen loads from selected rivers in the Long Island Sound Basin, 2005–13, Connecticut and Massachusetts|
|Series title||Open-File Report|
|Publisher||U.S. Geological Survey|
|Publisher location||Reston, VA|
|Contributing office(s)||New England Water Science Center|
|Description||Report: iv, 14 p.; Table 2|
|Online Only (Y/N)||Y|
|Additional Online Files (Y/N)||Y|