User guide for MODPATH Version 7—A particle-tracking model for MODFLOW
Open-File Report 2016-1086
- David W. Pollock
- Document: Report (3.87 MB pdf)
- Related Works:
- Open-File Report 1989-381 - Documentation of computer programs to compute and display pathlines using results from the U.S. Geological Survey modular three-dimensional finite-difference ground-water flow model
- Open-File Report 1994-464 - User's guide for MODPATH/MODPATH-PLOT, Version 3; a particle tracking post-processing package for MODFLOW, the U.S. Geological Survey finite-difference ground-water flow model
- Techniques and Methods 6-A41 (html) - User guide for MODPATH Version 6 - A particle-tracking model for MODFLOW
- MODPATH Version 7 - MODPATH: A Particle-Tracking Model for MODFLOW
- Download citation as: RIS
MODPATH is a particle-tracking post-processing program designed to work with MODFLOW, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) finite-difference groundwater flow model. MODPATH version 7 is the fourth major release since its original publication. Previous versions were documented in USGS Open-File Reports 89–381 and 94–464 and in USGS Techniques and Methods 6–A41.
MODPATH version 7 works with MODFLOW-2005 and MODFLOW–USG. Support for unstructured grids in MODFLOW–USG is limited to smoothed, rectangular-based quadtree and quadpatch grids.
A software distribution package containing the computer program and supporting documentation, such as input instructions, output file descriptions, and example problems, is available from the USGS over the Internet (http://water.usgs.gov/ogw/modpath/).
Pollock, D.W., 2016, User guide for MODPATH Version 7—A particle-tracking model for MODFLOW: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2016–1086, 35 p., http://dx.doi.org/10.3133/ofr20161086.
ISSN: 2331-1258 (online)
Table of Contents
- MODPATH Overview
- References Cited
Additional publication details
- Publication type:
- Publication Subtype:
- USGS Numbered Series
- User guide for MODPATH Version 7—A particle-tracking model for MODFLOW
- Series title:
- Open-File Report
- Series number:
- Year Published:
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Publisher location:
- Reston, VA
- Contributing office(s):
- Office of Ground Water
- v, 35 p.
- Online Only (Y/N):
- Additional Online Files (Y/N):