Golden eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) habitat selection as a function of land use and terrain, San Diego County, California
- Document: Report (8.9 MB pdf)
- Data Release: USGS data release — Predictor, null model, response variable, and habitat suitability prediction rasters for a golden eagle hierarchical Bayesian synoptic model used for habitat selection in San Diego County, California, derived from golden eagle data collected from November 2014–February 2017
- Open Access Version: Publisher Index Page
- Download citation as: RIS | Dublin Core
Beginning in 2014, the U.S. Geological Survey, in collaboration with Bloom Biological, Inc., began telemetry research on golden eagles (Aquila chrysaetos) captured in the San Diego, Orange, and western Riverside Counties of southern California. This work was supported by the San Diego Association of Governments, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the Bureau of Land Management, and the U.S. Geological Survey. Since 2014, we have tracked more than 40 eagles, although this report focuses only on San Diego County eagles.
An important objective of this research is to develop habitat selection models for golden eagles. Here we provide predictions of population-level habitat selection for golden eagles in San Diego County based on environmental covariates related to land use and terrain.
Tracey, J.A., Madden, M.C., Bloom, P.H., Katzner, T.E., and Fisher, R.N., 2018, Golden eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) habitat selection as a function of land use and terrain, San Diego County, California: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2018–1067, 13 p., https://doi.org/10.3133/ofr20181067.
ISSN: 2331-1258 (online)
Table of Contents
- References Cited
- Appendix 1. JAGS Model Specification
Additional publication details
|Publication Subtype||USGS Numbered Series|
|Title||Golden eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) habitat selection as a function of land use and terrain, San Diego County, California|
|Series title||Open-File Report|
|Publisher||U.S. Geological Survey|
|Publisher location||Reston, VA|
|Contributing office(s)||Western Ecological Research Center|
|Description||Report: iv, 13 p.; Data Release|
|County||San Diego County|
|Online Only (Y/N)||Y|