Short papers in the geologic and hydrologic sciences, articles 147-292: Chapter C in Geological Survey research 1961
Professional Paper 424-C
- U.S. Geological Survey
The scientific and economic results of work by the United States Geological Survey during the fiscal year 1961, the 12 months ending June 30, 1961, is being summarized in four volumes. This volume includes 146 short papers on subjects in the fields of geology, hydrology, and related sciences, prepared by members of the Geologic and Water Resources Divisions of the Survey. Some of these papers announce new discoveries or present observations on problems of limited scope; the others draw conclusions from more extensive or continuing investigations that in large part will be described in greater detail in reports to be published at a later date.
Other volumes in the series are Professional Paper 424-A, which gives a synopsis of the more important new findings resulting from work during the fiscal year, and Professional Papers 424-B and 424-D, which contain additional short papers like those in the present volume.
Additional publication details
- Publication type:
- Publication Subtype:
- USGS Numbered Series
- Short papers in the geologic and hydrologic sciences, articles 147-292: Chapter C in Geological Survey research 1961
- Series title:
- Professional Paper
- Series number:
- Year Published:
- U.S. Government Printing Office
- Publisher location:
- Washington, D.C.
- Contributing office(s):
- Oregon Water Science Center, Utah Water Science Center
- viii, 398 p.
- Larger Work Title:
- Geological Survey research 1961 (Professional Paper 424)
- Public Comments:
- A scientific notes and summaries of investigations prepared by members of the Geologic and Water Resources Divisions in the fields of geology, hydrology, and allied sciences.