Data report: Permeabilities of eastern equatorial Pacific and Peru margin sediments
Proceedings of the Ocean Drilling Program: Scientific Results
- Kusali Gamage, Barbara A. Bekins, and Elizabeth Screaton
Constant-flow permeability tests were conducted on core samples from Ocean Drilling Program Leg 201 from the eastern equatorial Pacific and the Peru margin. Eighteen whole-round core samples from Sites 1225, 1226, 1227, 1230, and 1231 were tested for vertical permeabilities. Sites 1225, 1226, and 1231 represent sediments of the open ocean, whereas Sites 1227 and 1230 represent sediments of the ocean margin. Measured vertical permeabilities vary from ~8 x 10–19 m2 to ~1 x 10–16 m2 for a porosity range of 45%–90%.
Additional publication details
- Publication type:
- Publication Subtype:
- Journal Article
- Data report: Permeabilities of eastern equatorial Pacific and Peru margin sediments
- Series title:
- Proceedings of the Ocean Drilling Program: Scientific Results
- Year Published:
- Texas A&M University Ocean Drilling Program
- 18 p.
- Public Comments:
- Volume topic: Controls on Microbial Communities in Deeply Buried Sediments, Eastern Equatorial Pacific and Peru Marigin; covering Leg 201 of the cruises of the Drilling Vessel JOIDES Resolution, San Diego, California, to Valparaiso, Chile, Sites 1225–1231, 27 January–29 March 2002