Earthquake engineering research program in Chile
Earthquake engineering research in Chile has been carried out for more than 30 years. Systematic research is done at the university of Chile in Santiago. Other universities such as the Catholic University, university of Concepcion, and the Federico Santa Maria Technical University have begun to teach and conduct research in earthquake engineering in recent years.
The fields of research at the University of Chile include the following:
- Theoretical and empirical characterization of strong round motion.
- Installation of strong-motion accelerographs.
- Capacity of strong ground motion to produce structural damage.
- Seismic risk.
- Seismic behavior of reinforced masonry houses and buildings.
- Seismic design of high-rise buildings.
- Soil dynamics with emphasis on soil liquefaction and soil stability.
|Publication Subtype||Journal Article|
|Title||Earthquake engineering research program in Chile|
|Series title||Earthquake Information Bulletin (USGS)|
|Publisher||U.S Geological Survey|
|Publisher location||Reston, VA|
|Online Only (Y/N)||N|
|Additional Online Files (Y/N)||N|
|Google Analytic Metrics||Metrics page|