National energy research seismic library; Powder River basin, Montana-Wyoming; surface reflection and vertical seismic profile data used in seismic-stratigraphic investigations for ground-water aquifers and hydrocarbon traps
- Application Site: Application Site The original two 2 computer laser optical discs (CD-ROMs) that contain the data in this publication click are compressed into a single file (581 MB). To download this file, click on the link entitled "Application Site"
- Download citation as: RIS | Dublin Core
This Digital Data Series publication contains both raw and processed seismic data recorded during the period 1975 through 1978 by several geophysical service companies under contract to the USGS in the following study areas of the Powder River Basin, Montana and Wyoming:
1. Powder River and Custer Counties, MT (T. 1 S., T. 1-2 N., R. 53-54 E.)
2. Carter County, MT (T. 57-58 N., R. 65 W.) and Crook County, WY (T. 9 S., R.57-58 E.)
3. Powder River and Carter Counties, MT (T. 8 S., R. 53-55 E.)
4. Niobrara County, WY (T. 36-38 N., R. 61-62 W.) and Weston County, WY (T. 45 N., R. 61 W.)
Four multichannel Vibroseis seismic lines, six Vertical Seismic Profiles (VSP's), and associated support material (observer's notes, X-Y coordinates, elevations of source and receivers, for example) are included. The raw (unprocessed) field data and a processed version of each surface profile and VSP are contained in standard SEG-Y format files; support material are in ASCII format text files. The processed surface data are versions which were reprocessed by the USGS in 1995 using state-of-the-art seismic data processing software.
|Publication Subtype||USGS Numbered Series|
|Title||National energy research seismic library; Powder River basin, Montana-Wyoming; surface reflection and vertical seismic profile data used in seismic-stratigraphic investigations for ground-water aquifers and hydrocarbon traps|
|Series title||Data Series|
|Publisher||U.S. Geological Survey|
|Google Analytic Metrics||Metrics page|