thumbnail

National Coal Quality Inventory (NaCQI) and U.S. Geological Survey Coal Quality Databases

Fact Sheet 120-99

By:

Links

Abstract

Coal will remain a very significant part of U.S. energy needs (fig.l), even though there will continue to be concern about environmental impacts associated with its use. Currently, about 88 percent of U.S. coal production is used by electric utilities. The remaining 12 percent is either exported or used domestically for other industrial applications, such as coke for steel production.

Additional publication details

Publication type:
Report
Publication Subtype:
USGS Numbered Series
Title:
National Coal Quality Inventory (NaCQI) and U.S. Geological Survey Coal Quality Databases
Series title:
Fact Sheet
Series number:
120-99
Year Published:
1999
Language:
English
Publisher:
U.S. Geological Survey
Description:
2 p.