Approximate water-level changes in wells in the Chicot and Evangeline aquifers, 1977-82 and 1981-82, and measured compaction 1973-82, in the Houston-Galveston region, Texas
Open-File Report 82-328
- J.L. Strause and C.E. Ranzau Jr.
This report, which was prepared in cooperation with the City of Houston, the Harris-Galveston Coastal Subsidence District, and the Texas Department of Water Resources, presents data on water-level changes during 1977-82 and 1981-82 in the Chicot and Evangeline aquifers (fig. 1-4) and data on measured compaction 1973-82 (fig. 5). During these periods, ground-water pumping decreased in Galveston County and eastern Harris County and increased in northern and western Harris County (Gabrysch and Ranzau, 1981).
Water levels in about 550 wells were used to construct the maps showing water-level changes. Compaction data were obtained from nine wells equipped with compaction monitors.
Additional publication details
- Publication type:
- Publication Subtype:
- USGS Numbered Series
- Approximate water-level changes in wells in the Chicot and Evangeline aquifers, 1977-82 and 1981-82, and measured compaction 1973-82, in the Houston-Galveston region, Texas
- Series title:
- Open-File Report
- Series number:
- Year Published:
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Contributing office(s):
- Texas Water Science Center
- Report: 2 p.; 4 Plates: 16.20 x 21.38 inches or smaller
- Online Only (Y/N):
- Additional Online Files (Y/N):