Approximate water-level changes in wells in the Chicot and Evangeline aquifers, 1977-85 and 1984-85 and measured compaction, 1973-85, in Harris and Galveston counties, Texas
Open-File Report 85-158
- James Frank Williams III and C.E. Ranzau Jr.
This report, which was prepared in cooperation with the City of Houston and the Galveston Coastal Subsidence District, present data on water-level changes during 1977-85 and 1984-85 in the Chicot and Evangeline aquifers (figs. 1-4) and data on measured compaction 1973-85 (fig. 5).
Water levels in about 500 wells were used to construct the maps showing water-level changes. Compation data were obtained from 12 wells equipped with compaction monitors (fig. 6).
Additional publication details
- Publication type:
- Publication Subtype:
- USGS Numbered Series
- Approximate water-level changes in wells in the Chicot and Evangeline aquifers, 1977-85 and 1984-85 and measured compaction, 1973-85, in Harris and Galveston counties, Texas
- Series title:
- Open-File Report
- Series number:
- Year Published:
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Contributing office(s):
- Texas Water Science Center
- 6 Plates: 16.57 x 21.59 inches or smaller
- Online Only (Y/N):
- Additional Online Files (Y/N):