- Sheet 1 - Map Showing Oil and Gas Fields and Geologic Provinces of Africa - Page Size (747 KB pdf)
- Sheet 1 - Map Showing Oil and Gas Fields and Geologic Provinces of Africa - Full Plotter Size (1.57 MB pdf)
- Sheet 2 - Map Showing Geology, Oil and Gas Fields, and Geologic Provinces of Africa - Page Size (2.01 MB pdf)
- Sheet 2 - Map Showing Geology, Oil and Gas Fields, and Geologic Provinces of Africa - Full Plotter Size (4.67 MB pdf)
- Metadata: Metadata (18 KB txt)
- Download citation as: RIS | Dublin Core
The CD-ROM was compiled according to the methodology developed by the U.S. Geological Survey's World Energy Project . The goal of the project was to assess the undiscovered, technically recoverable oil and gas resources of the world and report these results by the year 2000. A worldwide series of geologic maps, published on CD-ROMs, was released by the U.S. Geological Survey's World Energy Project during 1997-2000.
Specific details of the data sources and map compilation are given in the metadata files on this CD-ROM.
These maps were compiled using Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc. (ESRI) ARC/INFO software. Political boundaries and cartographic representations on this map are shown (with permission) from ESRI's ArcWorld 1:3M digital coverage: they have no political significance and are displayed as general reference only. Portions of this database covering the coastline and country boundaries contain proprietary property of ESRI. (Copyright 1992 and 1996, Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc. All rights reserved.)
Persits, F.M., Ahlbrandt, T.S., Tuttle, M.L., Charpentier, R.R., Brownfield, M.E., and Takahashi, K.I., 1997, Maps showing geology, oil and gas fields and geological provinces of Africa: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 97-470-A, https://doi.org/10.3133/ofr97470A.
ISSN: 2331-1258 (online)
ISSN: 0196-1497 (print)
|Publication Subtype||USGS Numbered Series|
|Title||Maps showing geology, oil and gas fields and geological provinces of Africa|
|Series title||Open-File Report|
|Publisher||U.S. Geological Survey|
|Publisher location||Reston, VA|
|Contributing office(s)||Crustal Geophysics and Geochemistry Science Center, U.S. Geological Survey|
|Description||4 Plates: 44.57 x 37.40 inches or smaller|
|Online Only (Y/N)||N|
|Additional Online Files (Y/N)||Y|
|Google Analytics Metrics||Metrics page|